Niger Delta Exploration & Production (NDEP) Plc’s subsidiary, Niger Delta Petroleum Resources Limited (NDPR) was recently presented with an “Excellent Public Relations Award” by the Rivers State Chapter of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) in recognition of the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
The Award, which was made at the recent 2021 State Conference/Annual General Meeting of the NIPR Rivers State Chapter in Port Harcourt, was for NDPR’s Host Community Development Trust through which it had contributed to the economic and social development of its host communities over the years.
The Event was attended by the State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, represented by the Secretary to the Rivers State Government, Dr. Tammy Danagogo; the President of the NIPR, Mallam Mukhtar Sirajo; the Chairman of the State NIPR Chapter and Rivers State Commissioner of Information, Mr. Paulinus Nsirim and HRM, Eze Felix Otuwarikpo, Eze Igbu Upata III of Upata Kingdom, among other dignitaries.
“We are honoured by this award from NIPR”, said the MD/CEO of NDEP, Mr. ‘Gbite Falade. “We are also encouraged by this recognition to continue with our initiatives and Social Investments aimed at positively impacting our ever-supportive host communities”.
NDPR pioneered the Community Development Trust in 2002 as a vehicle for meaningful community development initiatives through dedicated funding from its operations and has to date invested about N2.2 Billion on various CSR Initiatives in its Host Communities.
Notes to Editors
Niger Delta Exploration & Production Plc (NDEP) is a foremost Independent integrated Energy Company. Incorporated on March 25, 1992 (as the Midas Drilling Fund) it assumed its current name in November 1996. The Company offers its shareholders investment opportunities in exploration, production and development of oil and natural gas. It also invests in downstream and midstream assets. The Company attained First Oil from its flagship asset – The Ogbele marginal Field on August 28th, 2005 and has successfully produced crude oil from more than ten wells it had drilled so far. Today NDEP is Nigeria’s foremost independent energy company, delivering critical energy solutions in a sustainable and responsible way. NDEP is the future of the Energy industry in Nigeria and Africa.
NDEP operates through its subsidiaries and its affiliate company:
• Niger Delta Petroleum Resources Limited (NDPR) is a wholly owned subsidiary of NDEP, as well as the Operator of the Ogbele Joint Venture.
• ND Western Limited is a consortium of four companies: Niger Delta Petroleum Resources Ltd., Petrolin Group, First Exploration & Petroleum Development Company Ltd. and Waltersmith Petroman Oil Ltd.
• ND Gas Development Company Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary established to pursue investment opportunities in the gas sector.
• ND Properties Limited, also a wholly owned subsidiary established to pursue NDEP’s property interests.
• ND Refineries Ltd., an independent operating midstream entity, underscoring NDEP’s commitment to propelling the country towards attaining ‘Energy Independence’.
For further information please refer to our website, www.ngdelta.com